We invest with our customers to ensure that benefits are realised. We are pleased to share a selection of our many successful procurement transformation project case studies.
Click the logos to see project details.
The Commonwealth Bank has been utilising the SAP Ariba Source to Pay solution for over 15 years. During this time, adoption, use and the maintenance of the solution had fallen away such that sourcing, contracting and purchasing processes were inconsistent and often non-compliant.
We were engaged to deliver improvements in three key areas:
- BAU Solution and Environment Management
- Risk Based Source to Contract Management and Execution
- SAP Ariba Guided Buying Design and Deployment
All three programs were delivered on time and on budget with great feedback and adoption from the business. We look forward to our continuing partnership with the Commonwealth Bank into FY21 delivering step changes in reporting and sourcing demand management.
Download Full Case Study
Woolworths Group Limited
Enabling intelligent spend across the Woolworths’ group
Woolworths had legacy procurement processes that were managed within their SAP ERP, which were largely based around manual Purchase Orders and Invoices. One key area of improvement providing significant business benefits was digitising manual purchase order and invoice processing as well as engaging with suppliers electronically while minimising any change impacts to the business.
Some of the challenges faced included:
- Delays in supplier payments due to increased processing times,
- Invoice posting errors due to manual handling of invoices,
- Frustrations due to a lack of visibility on invoices’ statuses &
- Discrete and separate processes for supplier engagement across the organisation.
Bloom’s knowledge of Woolworths and its stakeholders was a unique strength in the business’ procurement transformation journey, having previously deployed SAP C9, a foundational solution to enable commerce automation’s success.
Woolworths’ decision to approach Bloom Consulting has helped improve productivity drastically by digitising over $900 million in spend. This promoted electronic collaboration with over 1000 suppliers, improving on-time payments for over 90% of suppliers through the implementation of a Bloom’s tailored SAP Ariba solution and consultation process.
Following successful SAP Ariba deployment, go-live and adoption, Bloom’s solution was able to provide:
- Electronic purchase order and invoice processing
- On-time payments to the supplier
- Single supplier portal for all non-trade procurement
- Better governance and visibility across end-to-end procurement processes
- Technology that is fit for the future technology roadmap
- Improved compliance with BCA code
- Delivery of new capability
“There were a number of complicated integrations and processes that could not be changed; therefore, the Commerce Automation solution was chosen to provide benefits of automated invoices through minimal change impacts.
The Bloom team seamlessly integrated into the Woolies team, and continue to provide the key aspects of excellent partnering, with strategic direction and leadership, while being empathetic and understanding of our core business and how we operate. The bloom team are viewed as a core part of the Woolies family.
Today, SAP Ariba is core to our business, and continues to expand into our Supermarkets and New Zealand. Bloom have been fundamental in this success story. Highly respected, highly regarded, highly recommended”
– Tony Care, Program Manager, Woolworths Group
The University of Sydney
The University of Sydney engaged Bloom Consulting to support the finalisation of their SAP Ariba Source to Pay solution, as well as to partner in the deployment of the solution to the wider business.
We partnered with the University of Sydney to configure the end to end SAP Ariba solution, enable contracts, catalogues and suppliers, as well as to engage with and onboard the business units during deployment.
Additionally, we focused on upskilling the BAU support teams to manage the solution in a sustainable manner.
The University of Sydney’s Procurement Transformation program was recognised as best in class at the SAP Ariba Live, and serves as an industry model for the sector moving forward.
We onboarded the entire business to the SAP Ariba solution, and migrated and enabled over 500 contracts for purchasing. Additionally, we enabled category specific purchasing processes for a complex and distributed spend base – all received gratefully by an organisation focusing on delivering best in class tertiary education.
ANZ was using a product that had reached it’s end of life and was out of support for >12months. They had to transition out of the product by a specific date, otherwise were at risk to pay contractual damages.
Bloom partnered with ANZ to understand the key categories currently utilising ASP and refined the transition scope to five main base drivers, We leveraged our experience, IP and partnership with SAP to plan a project methodology to enable effective transition with clear milestones throughout the project.
We analysed the current state procurement processes across impacted categories, identified system dependencies and designed future state processes ensuring an improved user experience and efficiency.
Three principles were key in designing the future state:
- Enhance customer experience
- Minimise change impacts
- Build a foundation for future innovation
- Successful transition aligned to product innovation roadmap within time and budget with exceptional quality and zero go-live issues.
- Set the foundation for future enhancements within the newly established team at ANZ.
- Uplift the capability of the existing team for BAU sustainablity.
“Bloom was an outstanding delivery partner for a challenging remediation. They closely managed all aspects of the work, took great care to ensure the delivery was “right the first time” and displayed exceptional interpersonal skills at managing different relationships.”
– Fiona Barnes, Finance Project Manager
TAFE NSW is the 2nd largest Vocational Education Provider in the world, TAFE NSW has over 18,000 staff, 130 campuses and an operating spend in excess of $500m a year.
In line with TAFE NSW’s modernisation program, we were selected as the consulting partner to deliver the end to end transformation, including functional, technical, change management and training services.
We delivered the 3 major go-lives for the program on time (<11 Months) and under budget, with great feedback from end users and approvers in the organisation, as well as suppliers.
The TAFE NSW procurement transformation project serves as the benchmark for Technology Enabled Transformation projects at TAFE NSW moving forward.
- 2,000 frequent requisitioners & 1,300 approvers trained in SAP Ariba online during ‘COVID-19 lockdown’
- PO compliance raised from 25% to 87%
- $33m in targeted savings from competitive sourcing and contract compliance
- 2,500 SAP Concur users (approvers and preparers) trained in expense management
IAG identified that their procurement solution (Ariba) was overdue for an upgrade and end users found it cumbersome. This situation lead to low user up-take, significant inefficiencies due to manual workarounds and lack of executive level visibility of key spend.
Our objectives were to simplify business process, transform the end-user experience into more of a retail style shopping experience to influence better purchasing practices without mandating a policy change.
We performed an upgrade of the Ariba solution and worked with IAG to deploy SAP Ariba Guided Buying to improve the end user experience and realise program benefits.
Procurement at IAG was recognised as a leader in innovation within the business. In a very customer-oriented environment, this made a real difference to the way the group was seen within the wider organisation by their new focus on internal user experience.
The solution was rapidly deployed to the business and high adoption has led to IAG being recognised as a best in class user of SAP Ariba.
Ausgrid initiated a procurement transformation project as a result of an internal audit review. Ausgrid’s key objective was to improve governance and compliance while delivering savings through cost reduction and transactional efficiencies.
It had a legacy of disparate and complex business processes including paper-based sourcing, contracts, purchase requisition and invoice processes which pose a significant compliance and audit risk
We were engaged to provide the procurement business processes, policy improvement, Ariba design, change management and business deployment services. The Ariba design included development work and integration with SAP ERP.
- Ausgrid achieved compliance to policy and associated delegations with increased usability and ease of procurement processes.
- Reduction of end-to-end process cycle-times with the integration between all of the procurement processes, electronic approvals and real-time consolidated financial and spend reporting.
- Our work contributed to Ausgrid being nominated for “Most Improved Procurement Operation-Step Change” by Australasia by CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply).